If Someone You care about cannot afford their healthcare expenses, you are in the right place. CoFund Health was created to help people help each other with medical bills.
If you are starting a campaign for your own healthcare expenses or one that that you will manage (like your spouse or a minor), click here for the “how to” create a campaign for yourself.
2. Sign up or log into your existing account using the Log In link at the top of your screen.
You’ll need to be signed in CoFund Health to get their campaign started for them before they take control.
3. Once logged in, select the "Create a Campaign" link from the menu at the top of the screen.
4. Since you are starting a campaign for someone else that they will manage, select “Someone Else.”
If you are starting a campaign to fundraise for yourself, click here.
5. Simply follow the instructions on the screen. Getting your “Someone Else’s” name and email address right are important so we can get the campaign to them to start fundraising.
Optional: using the +Add Member selection at the bottom, you can add their other family members (or they can add them when they take control of the campaign).
6. When done, select the NEXT button.
7. Enter the Campaign Details:
a. Campaign’s Fundraising Goal
b. The Goal to Raise Funds By Date
c. The Campaign Title—make sure it’s easy to understand what their fundraising need
d. The Campaign Cover Image
e. Then add the Campaign Description that tells the beneficiary’s story so others understand and are compelled to help them.
Before the campaign goes live, the beneficiary will have the opportunity to review and edit all of this information.
8. When you are satisfied, click the NEXT button.
9. Then simply review the Terms & Conditions and hit the “Send Campaign to Beneficiary” button and we will send the campaign link and instructions to their inbox. Feel free to reach out to them and let them know the campaign is on it’s way!
That’s it! The campaign is ready for the beneficiary to accept ownership and start accepting donations.
The new campaign beneficiary will simply follow these steps to Accept A Campaign Started by Someone Else.
Pro Tip for Writing a Successful Campaign: To compel others to give their hard-earned money, make sure the campaign story communicates the 5 Ws: WHO the story is about, WHAT led you to need help, Where you are, WHY you started your CoFund Health campaign, and WHEN you need to reach your goal.
Write from your heart! 💚
Once this campaign is live, be their first donor to show your support! And don’t forget to share their campaign on Facebook, Twitter, and email. Sharing a campaign early and often ensures those with a big heart know your loved one need a little help and keeps this story not only in their hearts, but also in their minds.
Are you ready to start a campaign for Someone Else that you care about? For yourself? Click here to get started!